Wednesday, October 13, 2021

AMATYC 2021 Themed Session - Using Sounds in Desmos for assessment


 Howdy, This is the post related to my 15 minute talk at the AMATYC conference.  My idea was to create some "Google resistant" assessments for my students while we were all first dealing with COVID.  I used the accessibility function within Desmos to have it play the sound of the function.  In this talk I just introduced this idea, and showed a few examples.  The slides and sound files are below. I did put in to do a full 50 minute talk about this at AMATYC 2022 in Toronto.

*** The sound files are WAV files, so when you click on it it may take a few seconds to load and start playing.

1
2


3
4



5
First sound pair
Second sound pair
Third sound pair
6
Sound pair



7
First two trig sounds
Third trig function

8
First function
Second function
Third function
Fourth function

9
10
Sound file
11
12

No comments:

Post a Comment